BLU-5937 remains in development and has not been approved for commercialization. The development of this product, and an investment in BELLUS Health common shares, involved a significant amount of risks. We invite you to visit our investors’ relations page, including our Annual Information Form, to obtain more information about these risks and BELLUS Health.
As more fully explained in BELLUS Health’s public disclosure, Investing in our common shares involves a significant amount of risk. You should carefully consider the risks described below and in our Annual Information Form before investing. If any of these risks actually occurs, our business, financial condition, results of operations or prospects could be materially adversely affected. These are not the only risks and uncertainties that we face. Additional risks and uncertainties not presently known to us, or that we currently consider immaterial, may also materially and adversely affect us. In such an event, the trading price of our common shares could decline and you may lose part or all of your investment in our securities.
These risks include, but are not limited to:
- that the clinical safety and effectiveness of BLU-5937 have not yet been fully established;
- that our clinical trials may not yield results that will enable us to obtain regulatory approval for our current or future product candidates;
- that the outcome of preclinical studies and earlier-stage clinical trials may not be predictive of the success of later-stage clinical trials;
- that interim topline and preliminary results from our clinical trials that we announce or publish from time to time may change as more participant data become available and are subject to audit and verification procedures, which could result in material changes in the final data;
- that we may not achieve our projected development goals in the announced and expected time frames; and
that competition in the biopharmaceutical industry is intense, and development by other companies could render our product candidate or any future product candidates or technologies non-competitive.