Director Commercial Analytics & Insights
Bellus Health is looking for a Director/Sr. Director Commercial Analytics & Insights, reporting to our Executive Director of Marketing. This individual will play a critical leadership role at Bellus Health, with focus on the commercialization of the company’s first asset. The Director/Sr. Director Commercial Analytics & Insights will serve as the lead insights advisor partnering with the commercial leadership and management team to build an optimal strategy for the launch of BLU-5937 in Refractory Chronic Cough (RCC) as well as for additional indications and pipeline assets. This individual is responsible for ensuring that strategy and tactics are supported by the right insights, data, and metrics. In addition, the Director/Sr. Director Commercial Analytics & Insights will also work on key business planning activities to support the company’s growth and evolution.
This is a remote position with occasional travel within the US and Canada.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and technical/strategic direction for the organization’s commercial and data analytics.
- Lead market research projects to support the brand strategy, including vendor selection and management, design, execution of market research studies.
- Execute market research and support competitive intelligence to ensure high quality insights and recommendations.
- Partner and work closely with other Senior Leaders/Functional heads to understand their business reporting and analytics/KPI needs.
- Support the evolving commercial strategy, by providing strong partnership and expertise developing sustainable tools and innovative approaches.
- Manage data flows across the commercial data environment including data strategy, purchase, and warehousing.
- Create appropriate business case evaluations to support pre-commercialization investment decisions
- Build, manage and lead forecasting function capable of developing detailed and accurate forecasts for pre-launch products and on-market pharmaceuticals including gross-to-nets.
- Lead collaboration with internal cross functional partners, including finance, marketing, pricing, market access, to obtain relevant data and analysis for forecast input.
- Partner with commercial leadership and CEO to provide supportive analytics and forecasts appropriate for investor communication and presentations.
- Advise on pipeline asset/ indication prioritization and strategy by articulating business cases based on strategic attractiveness, operational feasibility, and analytical assessments.
- Foster a culture that embraces the strategic use of data in decision making through the demonstration of the value data can provide with essential direction enabling greater business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- 7-10+ years of forecasting, data analytics/market research experience in healthcare, biopharma and/or pharma
- Capability to demonstrate data translation into insights
- Proven experience in using secondary data (IQVIA, Symphony, claims data, payer, etc.)
- Advanced experience in SAS, R, Stata or similar analytics software
- Expert level knowledge of experience in Excel and forecast program
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare data and advanced data science/quantitative approaches and industry practices
- Experience in working with Tableau, MicroStrategy, or equivalent.
- Self-starter who can be a key business partner to the Commercial team and quickly understand how to translate business issues/data gaps into actionable insights and plan generation
- Strong vision of how to build out functional areas within a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Capable of engagement with senior leadership, and the ability to build trusting and productive working relationships
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain accuracy and being detail oriented
Why choose Bellus Health
Our mission is to develop novel therapeutics that positively impact the health and well-being of patients suffering from hypersensitization disorders.
In addition to joining our amazing team of dedicated professionals, you will contribute to a variety of projects and activities within a wider range of responsibilities that are typically offered elsewhere.
Our comprehensive compensation package:
- Attractive cash compensation, short term incentive and time off allowance
- Group insurance coverage (medical, vision, dental, life, AD&D, and disability coverage) for you and your dependents, starting on your first day of work
- 401k plan with an employer contribution of 5% of your salary (employee contribution is voluntary)
- Long term incentive: Stock options granted to all employees
Our team will review all applications but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.